SSB GD Topics with Answers 2022
SSB GD TOPICS WITH ANSWERS
Hi to all SSB aspirants,
When it comes to SSB, the first thing that comes into mind is clearing the screening test. Apart from PPDT(Picture perception and description test), group discussion plays an important role in the selection process. Let’s explore the SSB GD topics with answers along with a guide to excel.
SSB – Service Selection Board conducts the interview for recruiting officers in Indian Armed Forces – managed by Defense Ministry of India
SSB Group Discussion Topics with Answers
Syrian Crises – What’s happening in Syria
Will India win a two-front war with China & Pakistan
Role of India in the United Nations
The present education system in India
Capital punishment should be banned
Is India ready for a cashless economy?
We have already provided you with the list of SSB GD topics with answers. The list will be updated on a regular basis.
Well, everyone performs best in their way but the real preparation starts from the day when one decides to join the forces. Indeed, a true personality doesn’t require any special preparation to get selected. But there are certain areas where prior preparation can make you stand differently. One such area is GD. Having a good hold in the SSB GD round will not only gathers the assessor’s attention but also influence the other group members.
Definitely! communication plays an important role in personality development. But, if you are stuck in between, there is no harm in continuing with the Hindi language but still try to bounce back to English.
It is advisable to speak quality rather than quantity. Logical assertions convenience the other group members, as well as statements supported with facts, show one’s deep understanding of the topic.
How to crack SSB GD?
Three mantras to crack SSB GD
- Adequate knowledge
- Thought clarity
- Firstly, have a good reserve of knowledge. So Read! Read! and Read! Usually, a well-read person has the upper hand over others and he can lead the discussion, which in turn gains extra points for him. Knowledge can’t be gained instantly but it is a continuous building process. Otherwise one will end up speaking irrelevant stuff. The inclusion of facts and examples endorse the presented statements. So, current affairs play an important role too. Mostly, it is seen that candidates don’t know what to read and from where to read and they end up wasting lots of time with no output. Even after working so hard, they are unable to perform as expected. This is because they lack proper guidance.
- Secondly, keep your mind open and let your thoughts flow. Once you know what to speak and when to speak, others also find interest in your talks and listen to them carefully. During GD, aspirants usually don’t listen to others, all they want is put up their points. This creates a fish market, especially if it is a repeaters’ group. Hardly you get a chance to speak. But take that chance as your golden opportunity and hit the nail on the point. Speak in such a way that you leave an impression on the assessors. For that, you should have a crisp and clear thought process. Quality thoughts are produced by flexible minds. Moreover, a person’s thought process gives a glimpse of his personality.
- Last but not least is confidence. It is somehow interrelated to the above two points. If you have adequate knowledge and a clear thought process, you automatically feel confident. You can easily put across your views without any confusion. Speaking confidently, no matter what the language is, creates a difference. A good point, but presented in under confident way, may not leave the desired impact and can lose its charm.
Compared to placement group discussions, SSB GDs are slightly different. The candidate is assessed based on 15 Officer Like Qualities(OLQ’s). So the preparation here is also slightly different.
Qualities desirable in SSB GD
- Reasoning ability and effective intelligence
- Presence of mind and clarity of thoughts
- Organization of thought process
- Power of expression
- Cooperation with other team members
- Initiatives taken by the candidate
- High confidence while putting points
- Group influencing ability
- Command on language
- Acceptance of other’s points
- Adding value to the discussion and taking it forward
- Good listening ability
- Convincing power
DO’S in SSB Group Discussion
- Keep patience while speaking
- Speak only when you feel the point is relevant and will add value to the discussion
- Speak confidently by looking into everyone’s eyes
- Give others a chance to speak
- Listen to others points carefully and try to relate them if possible
- Keep a hold on your points and deliver them whenever you get your golden chance
- Address everyone by chest numbers, not by their names
- Try to add facts and examples
- Keep a firm smile on the face
- Breathe!! Speak slow and maintain a good tone.
DON’T’s in SSB Group Discussion
- Don’t just jump into the discussion without understanding the topic
- Do not point fingers at others and avoid overuse of hand gestures
- Don’t stand and do not involve in any kind of argument with anyone
- Avoid frequent use of Hindi or any other language. Try to speak in English
- Avoid looking at the panel
- Don’t dishearten if you don’t get frequent chances to speak. Look for a pause or convince others to allow you to speak
- Avoid making any mini-groups or taking sides
- Avoid shaking legs, it shows that the person is under-confident, rather maintain a straight body posture
Author: Priyanka Mahala – Recommended for Indian Airforce.
8 SSB attempts.
Cleared CDSE, AFCAT, INET.
Thanks, Priyanka for this awesome information on SSB GD topics with answers and the guide.
Total Quality Management – Principles, Benefits, Pros & Cons
TOTAL QUALITY MANAGEMENT TOOL INTRODUCTION Have you ever bought something with full excitement and have preplanned how will you use that product or service; you get carried away in your dreamland enjoying the experience you might get while using that something (product/service) you’ve bought. Suddenly you encounter that the product/service is defected or is faulty, …
How to overcome Career-Placement Dilemma: Indepth Analysis
Placement Vs Pursuing a Career By and large, many of the university students in India, Post-Graduate, in particular, are in dilemma concerning the choice between placement and pursuit of career goals. Being stranded in such anxiety, according to some official reports, in India every hour one student commits suicide. Giving birth to such grave …
Plastic Money Merits and Demerits
PLASTIC MONEY MERITS AND DEMERITS INTRODUCTION Technology has changed the way we deal with the purchase of goods and services in daily life. Plastic Money is one of the most common reasons for it. Plastic money is also known as polymer money which was first introduced in the 1950s has reduced the risk of carrying …
Deepfakes – Pros & Challenges
What is Deepfake Technology? Deepfakes are digital videos or images that have been manipulated using advanced artificial intelligence algorithms to superimpose a person’s face and voice onto another person’s body or speech. The technology behind deepfakes is rapidly evolving, making it easier for anyone to create high-quality fake videos. Despite its potential benefits, deepfakes have …
Social Media Boon or Bane
SOCIAL MEDIA: BOON OR BANE INTRODUCTION Social Media, a hot topic since it ever came into existence and is one of the favourite topics for Debate, Group Discussion and different Forums. It is that bad to be criticized? Why is Social Media Bad? Check the image below What? Even you spend about 3 hours on …
What is ChatGPT? Pros and Cons
Deep Dive into ChatGPT – Pros and Cons Artificial Intelligence (AI) has been making a significant impact in various industries and is changing the way businesses operate. One of the most notable innovations in AI is the use of AI-powered chatbots, such as ChatGPT. ChatGPT has been designed to simulate human-like conversations and provide quick …
Is Marriage Losing its Importance
IS MARRIAGE LOSING ITS IMPORTANCE INTRODUCTION The word marriage would have acquired a negative aura around it in certain parts of the world because there is some sense of juvenile freedom. When you are a young adult you think marriage is a not happening but during childhood, you used to think that marriage is good. …
Free WiFi Hotspots: Beneficial or not?
Free WiFi Hotspots Is it safe to connect public Wi-Fi? INTRODUCTION Imagine, it’s Saturday morning and a weekly off, but there’s some work to catch up. There is always some tail end work which people tend to complete on their off days. A coffee shop serves the purpose where on such days, one can spend …
The North East problem in India 2023
PROBLEM OF NORTH EAST INDIA INTRODUCTION The north east always remains in the news mostly due to protests and militant clashes with the armed forces, most recently was the protests against Citizen Amendment Act. The North-Eastern states also are known as seven sisters connected to India by the “chicken neck”. Why north east is called …
Will India survive a two-front war with China and Pakistan
WILL INDIA SURVIVE A TWO FRONT WAR WITH PAK AND CHINA? INTRODUCTION Is India in a position to face a two-front war with Pak and China? As the relations with both the hostile neighbors continue to deteriorate day by day, the Indian strategy makers find themselves contemplating the unfortunate possibility of an inevitable “two front” …
BIMSTEC – Member Countries, Functions, Challenges, India’s role
Let’s decode BIMSTEC BIMSTEC stands for Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation. A regional group of 7 nations lying adjacent to the Bay of Bengal to promote cooperation in the economic and social progress of the area. Permanent secretariat: Dhaka, Bangladesh BIMSTEC COUNTRIES Bangladesh India Myanmar Sri Lanka Thailand Bhutan Nepal …
A Stitch in Time saves Nine
A STITCH IN TIME SAVES NINE INTRODUCTION I am sure many of us might have had this regret in life until now at least once that “It could have been better if I would have done this work on time before itself”. Didn’t You? There are hundreds of proverb that conveys some or the …
INDIA PAKISTAN RELATIONS INTRODUCTION From the very beginning roots of conflicts have been deeply planted amongst the 2 nations. Many of Muslims living in India, Hindus, and Sikhs living in Pakistan have immigrated in one of the most massive transfers of population in today’s era. Both of them always frowned up over the matter of …
Banking Scams in India
BANKING SCAMS IN INDIA INTRODUCTION The regulator of banks in India, Reserve Bank of India (RBI) defines banking scams as; “A deliberate act of omission or commission by any person, carried out in the course of banking transaction or in the books of accounts maintained manually or under computer system in banks, resulting into wrongful …
Facebook Vs LinkedIn
FACEBOOK VS LINKEDIN INTRODUCTION The world’s most popular and free social networking web sites, Facebook enables users to connect with friends and family by sharing status updates, personal photos and other items of interest. Founder Mark Zuckerberg created Facebook in 2004 while a student at Harvard, designing the site as a means for other university …