SSB GD TOPICS WITH ANSWERS
Hi to all SSB aspirants,
When it comes to SSB, the first thing that comes into mind is clearing the screening test. Apart from PPDT(Picture perception and description test), group discussion plays an important role in the selection process. Let’s explore the SSB GD topics with answers along with a guide to excel.
SSB – Service Selection Board conducts the interview for recruiting officers in Indian Armed Forces – managed by Defense Ministry of India
SSB Group Discussion Topics with Answers
We have already provided you with the list of SSB GD topics with answers. The list will be updated on a regular basis.
Well, everyone performs best in their way but the real preparation starts from the day when one decides to join the forces. Indeed, a true personality doesn’t require any special preparation to get selected. But there are certain areas where prior preparation can make you stand differently. One such area is GD. Having a good hold in the SSB GD round will not only gathers the assessor’s attention but also influence the other group members.
Definitely! communication plays an important role in personality development. But, if you are stuck in between, there is no harm in continuing with the Hindi language but still try to bounce back to English.
It is advisable to speak quality rather than quantity. Logical assertions convenience the other group members, as well as statements supported with facts, show one’s deep understanding of the topic.
How to crack SSB GD?
Three mantras to crack SSB GD
- Adequate knowledge
- Thought clarity
- Firstly, have a good reserve of knowledge. So Read! Read! and Read! Usually, a well-read person has the upper hand over others and he can lead the discussion, which in turn gains extra points for him. Knowledge can’t be gained instantly but it is a continuous building process. Otherwise one will end up speaking irrelevant stuff. The inclusion of facts and examples endorse the presented statements. So, current affairs play an important role too. Mostly, it is seen that candidates don’t know what to read and from where to read and they end up wasting lots of time with no output. Even after working so hard, they are unable to perform as expected. This is because they lack proper guidance.
- Secondly, keep your mind open and let your thoughts flow. Once you know what to speak and when to speak, others also find interest in your talks and listen to them carefully. During GD, aspirants usually don’t listen to others, all they want is put up their points. This creates a fish market, especially if it is a repeaters’ group. Hardly you get a chance to speak. But take that chance as your golden opportunity and hit the nail on the point. Speak in such a way that you leave an impression on the assessors. For that, you should have a crisp and clear thought process. Quality thoughts are produced by flexible minds. Moreover, a person’s thought process gives a glimpse of his personality.
- Last but not least is confidence. It is somehow interrelated to the above two points. If you have adequate knowledge and a clear thought process, you automatically feel confident. You can easily put across your views without any confusion. Speaking confidently, no matter what the language is, creates a difference. A good point, but presented in under confident way, may not leave the desired impact and can lose its charm.
Compared to placement group discussions, SSB GDs are slightly different. The candidate is assessed based on 15 Officer Like Qualities(OLQ’s). So the preparation here is also slightly different.
Qualities desirable in SSB GD
- Reasoning ability and effective intelligence
- Presence of mind and clarity of thoughts
- Organization of thought process
- Power of expression
- Cooperation with other team members
- Initiatives taken by the candidate
- High confidence while putting points
- Group influencing ability
- Command on language
- Acceptance of other’s points
- Adding value to the discussion and taking it forward
- Good listening ability
- Convincing power
DO’S in SSB Group Discussion
- Keep patience while speaking
- Speak only when you feel the point is relevant and will add value to the discussion
- Speak confidently by looking into everyone’s eyes
- Give others a chance to speak
- Listen to others points carefully and try to relate them if possible
- Keep a hold on your points and deliver them whenever you get your golden chance
- Address everyone by chest numbers, not by their names
- Try to add facts and examples
- Keep a firm smile on the face
- Breathe!! Speak slow and maintain a good tone.
DON’T’s in SSB Group Discussion
- Don’t just jump into the discussion without understanding the topic
- Do not point fingers at others and avoid overuse of hand gestures
- Don’t stand and do not involve in any kind of argument with anyone
- Avoid frequent use of Hindi or any other language. Try to speak in English
- Avoid looking at the panel
- Don’t dishearten if you don’t get frequent chances to speak. Look for a pause or convince others to allow you to speak
- Avoid making any mini-groups or taking sides
- Avoid shaking legs, it shows that the person is under-confident, rather maintain a straight body posture
Author: Priyanka Mahala – Recommended for Indian Airforce.
8 SSB attempts.
Cleared CDSE, AFCAT, INET.
Thanks, Priyanka for this awesome information on SSB GD topics with answers and the guide.
Deep Dive into ChatGPT – Pros and Cons Artificial Intelligence (AI) has been making a significant impact in various industries and is changing the way businesses operate. One of the most notable innovations in AI is the use of AI-powered chatbots, such as ChatGPT. ChatGPT has been designed to simulate human-like conversations and provide quick …
GROUP DISCUSSION TOPICS WITH ANSWERS Here comes the list of 100+ Group Discussion Topics with Answers which are further divided into categories. Remember, a topic can be included in multiple categories so further bifurcation is for convenience. Roses are Red, Crows are Black Are work from home jobs Legit? Black or Grey Zero Hope Wins …
BLACK OR GREY INTRODUCTION A difficult topic to deal with in group discussion because you don’t have any clue how to start and from where to start. When I overthink of Black or Grey colour, the first thing that strikes my mind is the Bollywood movie ‘BLACK’ The recent series ‘Kota Factory’ released by …
CYBERCRIME Theft – an act of stealing, as we live in a world commonly abbreviated as “modern”. This modern world has to deal with equally modern problems, these problems range from ordering food to carrying out complex business operations. Internet – which can be termed as another primary need of human beings help to manage …
UNEMPLOYMENT IN INDIA INTRODUCTION Unemployment is a major social issue that has been affecting the country, for a long time now. It is actually a state where the educated youth, eager and ready to work, is not able to find work, because of a lack of opportunities. There are some other definitions as well, that …
IS SARAHAH PROMOTING CYBERBULLYING INTRODUCTION What is Cyberbullying? Cyberbullying is defined as using a computer or any other means of an electronic device to intimidate, threaten or humiliate another individual. Social networking takes cyberbullying to the next level. Earlier in high schools children used to get bullied, they used to listen to spiteful comments, typical …
SIX SIGMA INTRODUCTION – Bill Smith while working for Motorola in 1986 pioneered Six Sigma, which is a collection of tools, techniques, disciplined, data-driven approach, statistical-based & continuous improvement methodology for abolishing the defects, drawbacks in a product, process or service which is based on quality management fundamentals. Tons of companies around the globe …
E-learning Pros and Cons INTRODUCTION While doing the job if you want to get a degree or learn new skills then what? It was difficult earlier but now it is simply because of e-learning. E-learning can be defined as learning with the help of electronic technologies. This is a ‘new normal’ thing due to Corona …
Future of OTT in India India’s television broadcasting industry in 2019 had to witness a slowdown in advertising spends and increasing consumer preference for digital OTT (over-the-top) platforms in 2019, which has raised a fundamental question whether Television will remain the preferred source of information and entertainment in India. Let’s explore more about the future …
LOVE MARRIAGE VS ARRANGE MARRIAGE Marriage is a lifetime partnership between two souls, who come together to celebrate their journey of life with each other happily. In a love marriage, individuals choose their partners by their own choice, they love each other and get married with or without the consent of their parents. Whereas, in …
ZERO GD TOPIC Here’s the Baadshah(king) of India zero’0′.No, I am Not talking about that zero SRK’s movie…lolz. Zero is the pinnacle, the end of all knowledge. It is a powerful tool that helps us navigate life better! We have heard that the end of all learning is humility, the realization that we know nothing …
Windows Vs Ubuntu INTRODUCTION Having resources is great! but does those resources make any sense if they don’t deliver optimum results? Efficient management of resources should be done to gain desired results. Similar logic can be applied to computers and mobile devices, they are loaded with application software’s and hardware to handle GB’s of information/data. …
Carbon Footprint INTRODUCTION What is Carbon Footprint? Over the past few years, global warming has become a major issue as its effects are visible. Global warming is leading to climate changes which badly affect the environmental cycle of the planet. The main reason behind this is the emission of greenhouse gases like carbon dioxide, methane, …
SOCIAL NETWORKING IN OUR LIVES INTRODUCTION I’m sure everyone reading this article must have been scolded by their elders for being on the phones most of the time! Which leads me to think about the fact that social media is not just limited to a mere virtual network, but it is a whole different world …
Can India Boycott Chinese Products? Exploring the Pros and Cons In recent years, the call for boycotting Chinese products has gained momentum in India due to various geopolitical tensions and economic concerns. The question of whether India can successfully boycott Chinese products has become a topic of intense debate. In this article, we will delve …