Night Owl Vs Early Bird: GD Topic
NIGHT OWL VS EARLY BIRD
Which side are you on? Are you an early bird? A night owl? Or something in-between?
Night Owls-People who prefer to stay up late and sleep late, during the evening and early morning hours also called as Nighthawk, night person.
Early Bird-People who go to bed early and rise early without difficulty, also can be called as a lark, a morning person.
“THEY CALL US DREAMERS BUT WE’RE THE ONES WHO DON’T SLEEP.
“Morning person does injustice to non-morning person by waking up early and scheduling the whole day accordingly and the non-morning person has to rush”
“I Am Not An Early Bird Or a Night Owl. I am Some form of Permanently Exhausted Pigeon”
“2 AM is made for writers, painters, poets, over thinkers, silent seekers, and creative people. That is my favourite hour”
STATISTICS – WHAT Numbers have to say?
- Night people tend to be smarter
- The most intelligent people are more likely to be night owls than early birds
- Morning people are happier and healthier than their night owl counterparts
- Satoshi Kanazawa(Psychologist ) decided to determine whether children’s sleeping habits related to intelligence. He recruited 20,745 adolescents from 80 high schools and 52 middle schools for his study where the students were asked to take an intelligence test.
- Five years later, he interviewed 15,197 of the original respondent again. They reported when they went to bed and when they woke up on both the weekdays and weekends.
- He found that people with high intelligence are likelier to be night owls. He explains, sleeping late at night was back in our ancestors’ day, making it “evolutionarily novel.”
DESCRIPTION – Let’s take a Deep Dive
The night owls seem more consistent overall in their productivity, where the early risers look as if they are hard at work throughout the day
Not only are evening types smarter, but their unusual habits also help them to find creative solutions and alternatives. Non-conventional spirit, indeed. Who wouldn’t want to be a night owl? You’re a Morning or Evening person is decided by genetics, it’s not by your choice.
As it turns out, a small group of brain cells is in charge of our internal clock and preferences for the time of day. So, what’s the key takeaway from all this?
Work according to your energy levels
As a night owl, it’s easy to feel pressured into working “normal” hours. That is, according to the standard workday of 9-to-5. But some of us aren’t built like that.
Depending on our energy differs from people to people some of us can work better in the middle of the night, while some do their best work early in the morning. And, of course, there are those who lie somewhere in between.
We tend to get our best ideas at a certain time of the day, so let’s take advantage of it, and use that period to perform our most important tasks.
Pros and Cons of Being a Night Owl
- Night Owls are More Intelligent– night owls are more highly-evolved.
- Night Owls have more stamina
- Night Owls are generally more productive
- Night Owls are More Depressed- Night owls tend to be prone to a host of different health and mood disorders, including just a general sense of mental instability; however, depression was by far the most common shared trait next to obesity.
- Night Owls struggle with Non-Work activities
Pros and Cons of Being an Early Bird
- Life takes place in the day whilst night owls may be more intelligent, early birds are the ones who get better grades
- Early Birds are more proactive
- Early Birds are healthier overall
- Early Birds get no sudden burst of energy
- Early Birds need more sleep
It’s not whether you rise with the sun or set with it, you should learn accordingly to maximize your time. People think night owls are unproductive creatures, as they sleep in whereas the early birds are already sitting at their desks.
For Night owls next time when someone criticizes you for sleeping late or finding difficult to wake up early in the morning remind them that you’re not lazy, just evolutionary progressive. Nighttime is that period for those who create, innovate and think out of the box!
Aap Kya Sochte Ho?
Reading this article on Night Owl Vs Early Bird? Write your thoughts in the comment section below
Join our Telegram Channel to ensure that you receive updates on Latest GD Topics
Author – Mayuri Aher
Scrutiny – Riya Chandra
100+ Group Discussion Topics with Answers