This article will help you understand the TISSNET 2023 exam, Exam Pattern, Marking Scheme, Syllabus and Books etc. You can also download TISSNET previous year question papers with solutions given at the end for free.
What is TISSNET 2023?
- Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS) conducts a National-level Entrance Test commonly known as TISSNET for all Masters programmes offered in TISS campuses.
- TISS does not offer an MBA programme, instead, it offers MA in Human Resources Management and Labour Relations (HRM & LR) which is equivalent to an MBA in HR from any top B-school.
- It also offers various other Masters degrees.
- TISSNET is an online (computer-based) exam.
- Registration fee is Rs. 1000/- per programme for the general category and Rs. 250/- per programme for the reserved category.
TISSNET 2023 will be conducted on for 26th Feb 2023
TISSNET 2023 Timeline
|Online registration||15th Jan 2023|
|Hall Ticket||To be announced|
|Exam date||28th Jan to 28th Feb 2023|
|Result date||Not declared|
Duration of the test – 2 pm to 3.40 pm (1 hour & 40 minutes)
TISSNET 2023 Syllabus PDF
||Mathematics and Logical Ability
TISSNET 2023 Eligibility Criteria
- The candidate should have completed a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree of a minimum of 3 or 4 years or equivalent from a recognized university.
- Candidates appearing for the final year examinations can also apply provided they have successfully cleared all previous years semester exams.
- Final year candidates who fail to submit the final mark sheet or degree certificate before the institute’s deadline will not be eligible for the admission process and their provisional admission will be cancelled.
TISSNET 2023 Exam Pattern
- English proficiency
- Mathematics and Logical Reasoning
- General Awareness
Duration of TISSNET Exam
The duration of the exam is 100 minutes and with a total of 100 questions. There is no sectional time limit.
- English proficiency – 30 questions
- Mathematics and Logical Reasoning – 30 questions
- General Awareness – 40 questions
TISSNET Marking Scheme
- + 1 mark for each correct answer.
- There is no negative marking in TISS-NET for incorrect answers.
- Sectional cut off(14 marks) for General Awareness section
TISSMAT Marking Scheme
- +1 mark for the right answer
- No negative marking
Final Selection for TISS
The detailed selection process is not yet declared.
TISSNET Past Papers
|Year||Question Paper with Solution|
TISSNET 2023 Books
- Word Power Made Easy by Norman Lewis
- Objective General English by S.P. Bakshi
- High School English Grammar by Wren and Martin
Mathematics and Logical Ability
- Quantitative Aptitude for Competitive Examinations by R.S. Aggarwal
- Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency by Arihant Publications
- Data Interpretation and Logical Reasoning by Arun Sharma
This section makes a major difference carrying the highest weightage and thus good preparation will help to enhance the score.
- Indian Polity by M. Lakshmikanth
- Science, History and Geography – NCERT from 8th to 12th standard
- For current affairs and social issues reading newspapers and magazines is essential
Management equivalent courses provided at TISS Mumbai
- MA in Human Resource Management and Labour Relations
- MA in Globalization and Labour
- MA in Social Entrepreneurship
TISSNET 2023 Cut-off
TISSNET sectional cut-off for General Awareness section is as follows:
· 35% (14 Marks) for Gen, EWS, KM, and AF
· 30% (12 Marks) for OBC (NC) and PWD
No Sectional Cut off for SC/ST
|Course||Candidate’s Category||Tentative Cut-off|
|MA in Human Resource Management and Labour Studies||General||70|