NMIMS MANAGEMENT APTITUDE TEST
This article will help you decide whether to target NMAT or not. Read it carefully, understand the application part and share it with your friends.
What is NMAT?
- NMAT 2021 is abbreviated as NMIMS (Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies) Management Aptitude Test.
- It is a computer-based exam, organized every year by the NMIMS and owned by the GMAC (Graduate Management Admission Council) for taking admissions for MBA courses at NMIMS and other B-Schools.
- It is conducted once a year for a period of 75 days (2.5 months). The exam can be given 3 times during this 75 days span.
NMAT Registration Fees
- The NMAT registration and application fee is Rs.2000/-.
- For late application, the fee is Rs.2500/-.
- The hall tickets can be downloaded within 24 hours of completing the application process.
NMAT 2021 Timeline
The notification for the 2021 exam is not yet released. The table given below will be updated soon after the notification.
|Online Registration||3rd Aug to 10th Nov 2021|
|Hall Ticket||24 hours from application submission – exam date|
|Exam Slots||14th Oct to 27th Dec 2021|
|Result date||March 2021|
NMAT 2021 Eligibility Criteria
The eligibility criteria for NMAT 2021 will be displayed on the official website https://www.mba.com/en-in/exams/nmat. So, the aspiring candidates should check whether they fulfil the eligibility criteria for the exam or not. The basic eligibility criteria for NMAT 2021 provided by GMAC are mentioned below:
- Age limit: there is no age bar for attempting NMAT 2021.
- Educational qualification: candidates must have done graduation in any stream from a recognized university.
- Minimum marks: the bachelor’s degree holders must have scored at least 50% overall. In the case of grades/CGPA, the conversion into percentage must be done as per the respective University/Institution. If there is no method provided for the calculation of CGPA into percentage then it can be calculated by dividing the candidate’s CGPA by maximum CGPA and multiplying the result by 100.
- Work experience: candidates having 2-3 years of work experience will have an edge over others.
- Provisional admissions: the candidates who already gave their exam of last year of graduation and have their results awaiting can also apply for NMAT 2021 by GMAC. The candidates will need to submit their graduation degree /Certificate according to the requirements of the MBA college by the last date as specified by the respective institute.
- The number of attempts: at most 3 attempts are allowed to the candidates in order to perform their best.
NMAT 2021 Exam Pattern and Time Duration
|Sections||Total Questions||Total time||Total marks|
|Quantitative skills||36 Ques.||52 min||12-120|
|Logical reasoning||36 Ques.||40 min||12-120|
|Language skills||36 Ques.||28 min||12-120|
|Total||108 Ques.||120 min||360 marks|
NMAT 2021 Marking Scheme
- MCQ format
- 5 options for each question
- No negative marking for wrong answers
- Sectional timing for each section
Books to Prepare for NMAT
The books used for the preparation of CAT, MBA CET, CMAT, etc. exams can be used for NMAT as well. If you already have coaching material and mock test series for practice then you are good to go.
The official guide released by GMAC is also a good source for NMAT preparation.
|Quantitative Aptitude||Logical Reasoning|
|Verbal Ability and Reading Comprehension||Data Interpretation|
|Quant/DI + Reasoning||Verbal and Non-Verbal Reasoning||A Modern Approach to Logical Reasoning|
Free Study Material for NMAT
We have a dedicated article that will help you with Free Study Material. The interested aspirants can click here to explore the same.
MBA colleges accepting NMAT Score
More than 20 top MBA colleges will be accepting NMAT 2021 score for admission to their MBA 2022-24 batch. The MBA colleges that accept NMAT scores are the University affiliated MBA colleges, autonomous colleges or private PGDM colleges. Some of the top MBA colleges accepting NMAT by GMAC are listed below:
- SVKM’s Narsee Monjee Institute of Management Studies, Mumbai, Bangalore, Hyderabad
- Indian School of Business (ISB) – Advanced Management Programme in Business Analytics (AMPBA – not the flagship PGDM program)
- SPJIMR – Mumbai (not the flagship PGDM program)
- Xavier University, Bhubaneswar
- SDA Bocconi Asia Center (formerly MISB Bocconi), Mumbai
- ICFAI Business School (IBS), Hyderabad and other locations
- School of Inspired Leadership (Soil)
- Master’s Union School of Business
- Chitkara University
- Alliance University, Bangalore
- Athena School of Management – Mumbai
- Myra School of Business
- Shiv Nadar University, Greater Noida
- Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University
- Bennett University – Delhi, NCR
- Universal Business School
- Woxsen School of Business Management, Hyderabad
- Thapar School of Management, Chandigarh
- ISBR Business School, Bengaluru, Karnataka
- Jain University – CMS Business School
- Amrut Mody School of Management, Ahmedabad University, Ahmedabad
- BSE Institute Limited, Mumbai
- Amity University, Delhi NCR
- SRM University, Chennai, Delhi NCR Sonipat
- University of Petroleum & Energy Studies (UPES), Dehradun
- BML Munjal University, Delhi
- VIT University, Vellore
- ITM Business School, Navi Mumbai
- Mody University, Rajasthan
- GITAM School of International Business, Visakhapatnam
- Hyderabad Business School, GITAM University, Hyderabad
- Jindal Global Business school – Delhi/NCR
- Ansal University, Gurgaon
- Lovely Professional University
- IIHMR University, Jaipur, Rajasthan
- IILM University
Are all the colleges decent enough to target through NMAT? My answer is a clear NO.
NMIMS MBA Programs
|Mumbai||MBA, MBA HR, MBA Pharma Mgmnt||MBA – 540, MBA HR – 60, MBA PM – 120|
|Mumbai||MBA DS&A, PGDM BA||60 each|
|Navi Mumbai||PGDM, PGDM L&SCM||60|
- HR – Human Resource
- DS&A – Decision Science & Analytics
- BA – Business Analytics
- l&SCM – Logistics and Supply Chain Management
NMIMS MBA Fees
|Program||Fees for 2-year program in Rs. lakh|
|MBA, MBA HR – Mumbai||20.5+|
|MBA Pharma Mgmnt – Mumbai||12.6+|
|Hyderabad, Navi Mumbai||16.5+|
Should you appear for NMAT 2021?
The decision-making process becomes easy when total investment is known. If you crack NMAT with good marks and enter the flagship institute NMIMS then the investment is going to be beyond Rs. 20 lakh. There is no doubt about the value addition but intake is another matter of concern. The median salary number should be known if an aspirant is going to invest such a huge amount. The amplitude of this investment can be experienced after you calculate the EMI of the education loan.
The other institutes through NMAT have a similar story. If I want to have a strong backup for CAT then the only institutes that are worth targeting through NMAT are NMIMS Mumbai and Bengaluru. The choice of colleges is a subjective discussion because there exists a set of audiences for whom investment is not a concern.